Mustangs are Scholar-Athletes
Once again, the Mustangs are recognized in the classroom and on the field.
Once again, the Marlborough Mustangs are recognized for their scholar-athlete achievements.
WINNERS OF THE 2012 CIF SOUTHERN SECTION -FORD ACADEMIC AWARDS ANNOUNCED
1323 team entries were received in all sports for the 2011-2012 school year.
There are 580+ schools in the CIF Southern Section.
The team awards, based on a cumulative grade point average, are awarded in 22 sports.
(10 Marlborough Sports)
To be considered, teams must have a minimum 3.0 GPA average (4.0 scale) in college-prep courses in the first semester of the 2011-12 school year.
The highest team GPA in each sport determines the winner.
Schools are divided into two enrollment categories: enrollment of 1500 or more, and enrollment of less than 1500.
The team with the highest GPA in each enrollment category for each sport receives the award.
Here's a summary (Team GPA):
- Basketball - Honorable Mention (3.338)
- Cross Country - Honorable Mention (3.663)
- Golf - 2nd Place (3.723) + $250 Grant Award
- Soccer - 5th Place (3.719)
- Softball - Honorable Mention (3.434)
- Swimming & Diving - Honorable Mention (3.682)
- Tennis - 3rd Place (3.763)
- Track & Field - Honorable Mention (3.430)
- Volleyball - Honorable Mention (3.527)
- Water Polo - 3rd Place (3.709)
Ashley '14 (Varsity Golf Captain) represented Marlborough at the Awards Ceremony.
Ashley collected a $250 check from the W.S.C.G.A.